Houston Criminal Defense Attorney
Defending Against Criminal Charges Throughout The State Of Texas
When the heavy hand of the Texas State criminal justice system hits you without warning, you need to pull back and ready a swing of your own. Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer Guy Womack is ready and waiting to put his hard-hitting, tenacious, and aggressive strategies to work for you. With the help of the rest of his criminal defense team at Guy L. Womack & Associates, P.C., including his son, Attorney Geoffrey Womack, he has represented the accused all across Texas, including Houston, Laredo, and McAllen.
Guy Womack is a retired Lieutenant Colonel of Marines and a former military judge. This storied and extensive background has allowed him to become closely familiar with all aspects of the law, including criminal defense in federal, state, and military courts. Since June of 1980, he has served as a defense counsel and prosecutor on the federal level by always keeping up-to-date on information and knowledge regarding criminal law and litigation. Whatever charge is coming at you, Criminal Defense Attorney Womack and his firm can stand in front of you.
The Role Of A Defense Attorney
The role of a defense attorney is vital in the realm of criminal justice. Defense attorneys advocate for individuals accused of crimes, ensuring they receive a fair and just legal process. Their primary responsibilities include:
- Legal Counsel: They provide their clients with skilled legal advice and explain the intricacies of the legal system, helping them understand their rights and the potential consequences of their actions.
- Case Investigation: They meticulously investigate cases, scrutinizing evidence, interviewing witnesses, and uncovering any discrepancies or weaknesses in the prosecution's case.
- Strategic Defense: They develop a comprehensive legal strategy, crafting compelling arguments to challenge the prosecution's case in court. They may present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, and raise legal defenses to protect their client's interests.
- Negotiation: In many cases, they negotiate with prosecutors to seek plea bargains, reduced charges, or lighter penalties for their clients.
- Constitutional Rights Protection: They are unwavering advocates for their client's constitutional rights, including the right to remain silent, the right to due process, and the right to a fair trial.
- Court Representation: They represent their clients in court, presenting their case and defending their interests during trial proceedings.
- Support and Guidance: They offer emotional support and guidance to their clients, helping them navigate the often complex and stressful legal process.
The role of a defense attorney is to ensure that individuals accused of crimes receive a strong and principled defense, safeguarding their rights and advocating for a just outcome within the criminal justice system, and we do just that at Guy L. Womack & Associates, P.C.
Why Hire Guy L. Womack & Associates, P.C.
Criminal accusations in Texas are nothing to take lightly. The state is well-known for going big whenever possible, and that mindset extends to criminal punishments. A misdemeanor conviction in the Lone Star State could lock you up in prison for a year or drain your finances entirely with heavy fines. No matter what threatens, Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer Womack can handle it.
How can you spot a reliable Houston criminal defense lawyer? Sometimes, you just need to follow the news cameras. Mr. Womack's legal experience has garnered him and his firm media attention on several occasions – as can be seen here in his criminal defense video center. You can also turn to his long list of 5-star client testimonials or successful case results for more information about what Guy L. Womack & Associates, P.C. has accomplished in the past. You will not be disappointed.
Contact our Houston criminal defense lawyer at Guy L. Womack & Associates, P.C., for a free consultation!
Aggravated Assault Case Dismissed
State of Texas v. BJV
Embezzling More Than $125,000 Charges Dismissed
State of Texas v. LM
Assault w/ Deadly Weapon Charges Will Be Dismissed After Probation
Texas v. JR
Aggravated Assault Case Dismissed
Texas v. ES
Sexual Assault No Charges Filed
Texas v. AT
Assault Case Dismissed
Texas v. BN
The slim time frame between your accusation and the actual trial is often regarded as the most crucial period in determining the outcome of your criminal case. Preparation and initiative are key if you want to stand a chance against the Texas government. The sooner you contact a Houston criminal attorney from the firm, the sooner you can begin the construction of your solid and thorough defense.
Knowing that Attorney Womack and his team of Texas criminal defense attorneys are on your side can remove all intimidation you might be feeling and instead replace it with eager confidence.
Contact Guy L. Womack & Associates, P.C. today to get started on your defense with our Houston criminal defense attorney.
State Crimes Frequently Asked Questions
60 Years of Combined Experience
Thousands of Cases Successfully Defended
Hundreds of Jury Trials Handled
Highly Respected by the Legal Community
Honest & Straightforward Legal Advice
Accessible & Responsive Representation